Episode 11 of ITU’s webinar series on Digital Transformation for Cities and Communities will be held on 8 December 2021, starting at 12:00 Central European Time (CET). This episode will feature UNU-EGOV’s Research Coordinator Soumaya Ben Dhaou and is jointly co-organized with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and Open & Agile Smart Cities (OASC).
The application of blockchain is broadening to include data management. The immutability nature of blockchain has provided cities a new way to improve data quality, traceability, real time data analysis, data sharing and more. This webinar will explore the growing role of blockchain in accelerating smart cities and communities. It will place a special focus on the role of international standards in accelerating the adoption of blockchain in cities. City planners, industry specialists and other relevant stakeholders will gather to share their experience and challenges in integrating blockchain to city applications.
|12:00 – 12:05||Opening Remarks by Fabio Bigi, Vice-chairman, ITU-T Study Group 20, ITU|
|12:05 – 13:55||More than cryptocurrency – How blockchain is transforming in cities and communities?
– Martin Brynskov, Chair, Open and Agile Smart Cities [Moderator]
– Soumaya Ben Dhaou, Research Coordinator, United Nations University (UNU-EGOV)
– Catherine Mulligan, Professor, Instituto Superior Técnico and Director, DCentral Lab
– Gyu Myoung Lee, Professor, Liverpool John Moores University, Adjunct Professor, KAIST Institute for IT convergence
– Zicheng Qu, Standardization Engineer, ZTE corporation
Questions and answers
|13:55 – 14:00||Closing Remarks by Cristina Bueti, Counsellor, ITU|