- C1-18, Campus de Couros, Rua de Vila Flor 166, 4810-445 Guimarães, Portugal
- +351 253 510 851
- Formal modelling and program calculi
- Hybrid systems
- Modal logics and coalgebra theory
- Smart Cities
- Trustworthy software infrastructures and EGOV applications
- PhD, Computer Science, University of Minho, Portugal (2001)
- Deputy Head, United Nations University Operating Unit on Policy-Driven Electronic Governance (UNU-EGOV)
- Associate Professor with Habilitation, Department of Informatics, School of Engineering, University of Minho
- Senior Researcher at HASLab INESC TEC
- Member of IFIP WG 1.3 (Foundations of Systems Specification)
- Portugal representative at IFIP Technical Committee 1
Luís Soares Barbosa is the Deputy Head of UNU-EGOV and Associate Professor with Habilitation at the Department of Informatics at the University of Minho. He is also senior researcher at the High Assurance Software Laboratory at Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores – Tecnologia e Ciência (HASLab INESC TEC).
In recent years he has coordinated six research projects at the national level, bilateral partnerships with Brazil and China, and served as the Portuguese coordinator for the Language Engineering and Rigourous Software Development ALFA EU-Latin America network. He coordinates the PF-FLAD Chair on “Smart Cities & Smart Governance”, established at the University of Minho with private funding.