- C1-18, Campus de Couros, Rua de Vila Flor 166, 4810-445 Guimarães, Portugal
- +351 253 510 851
- Formal modelling and program calculi
- Modal logics and coalgebra theory
- New information paradigms
- Trustworthy software infrastructures and EGOV applications
- PhD, Computer Science, University of Minho, Portugal (2001)
- Deputy Head, United Nations University Operating Unit on Policy-Driven Electronic Governance (UNU-EGOV)
- Full Professor, Department of Informatics, School of Engineering, University of Minho
- Senior Researcher at HASLab INESC TEC
- Chair of IFIP Technical Committee TC1 on Foundations of Computer Science
Luís Soares Barbosa is currently the Deputy Head of UNU-EGOV. He is also Full Professor at the Department of Informatics of the University of Minho and senior researcher at the High Assurance Software Laboratory at Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores – Tecnologia e Ciência (HASLab INESC TEC).
In recent years, he has coordinated six research projects at the national level, bilateral partnerships with Brazil and China, and served as the Portuguese coordinator for the Language Engineering and Rigorous Software Development ALFA EU-Latin America network. He coordinates the PF-FLAD Chair on “Smart Cities & Smart Governance”, established at the University of Minho with private funding.